Mudbound Review


The film fails to connect with the audience even after having such a strong script & beautiful cinematography.

I watched it a week ago & can't have anything to write about. It is really difficult to write a review of a film which doesn't excite you much. After watching it, I'm asking myself -

Is It Worth Watching ??

I mean, I Don't Know but the trailer looks so good & captivating but I found this little bore & less engaging one. I know this film grabs many international awards, praised by a lot of critics in various film festivals from different countries but I didn't get that feeling. The plot, the storyline is really strong but I somehow missed that emotion, I just can't feel it.

One aspect could be that the character of big brother ( Jason Clarke as Henry McAllan ) is boring & dull and that's where they got success on connecting deeply with that character so the audience will also feel little weary but it's a risky task to do so.
In this process, you've to make the audience uncomfortable but ENGAGED throughout the scenes & that's where they lose me.



I'm not saying, I'm expecting something different from it. The plot is really powerful and I liked it, it fits into the theme as well. 

I found the first half a little drowsy and pause in middle to skip this movie but I manage to keep my patience and told myself to look forward to the story and I continue...

I'm not saying that it is totally tedious or Bakwaas but it failed to immerse me in the first half. The direction, the cinematography is stunning and enthralling no doubt about it. They've captured many shots of the film lustrously.



The film is actually awful and shows the pain, emotion about the two men who have been in a war & after they return from. The mental retardedness they left with, the feel of close to death. That scary moment, they lived thousand times in war makes it difficult for them to live back home after it ends & Dee Rees shows it brilliantly and they can't make it funny, exciting because as the theme of the story suggests.



They showered all the pain, emotions, frustration, hate all in one film and manages to win. But the second half is severe engaging and exciting. The sadness, the grief, the wrath all tears apart sincerely. 
You'll be watching all the power comes alive.
The actors are done their job pretty well. There's a lot of moments in this film that even broke you to cry for. But I want first half more absorbing so that I can engage more and can feel the suffering & sadness that they want us to feel or that the Character is breathing. I want to cry but can't. 
The Cinematography, the pause between the shots was really great & tempting. These both attain I think.



I mean it is a good film but I feel a little disappointed because it's a sad film with a flood of emotions. But I don't feel much or didn't able to connect with the character, didn't feel any pain or sorrows anything sad or something that should be felt by the audience or as a viewer. Because the script is really strong and failed to deliver it or connect with the audience. Now I'm feeling the pain after watching the film.

Or I think this is that kind of movie, which deserves the second watch to understand it more precisely.

Music - I think music is the key to why I didn't feel that pain or sorrow. Lack of good background scores. I barely notice any beautiful music, which can connect us with that pain or with the character.

In this type of theme, music plays an integral role to engage with the audience so that they can also feel the mental anguish of the character while developing the story. But I would say that the second half was more engaging than the first one.


May you didn't agree with me but I feel a little bland actually, maybe my taste is different or whatever it is please let me know your thoughts on this one and correct me if I'm wrong and also tell me what I've missed. (Why I can't feel that pain)


Comments

Popular Posts